Globalization of electricity [RE-wrenches]

Carl Emerson freepower at freepower.co.nz
Wed Oct 17 12:50:52 PDT 2001

john at gosolar.co.nz wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I mentioned this item the other day on the Marketing list, but have had
> no bites so will try the larger list.
>
> Has anyone had a look at this site   <www.geni.org>
>
> It is to do with the globalization of electricity.  What I am curious
> about is this type of system that they mention actually possible or
> not.  Or is this organization talking out of a hole in their heads.
> They are talking about the moving of electricity via Very High Voltages
> in either ac or dc.
>
> Anyone had any experience with this technology?  I mean, the whole thing
> looks good on paper but could it possibly work out.  The 2 billiion
> people without any electricity at all is an interesting figure.
>
> I'm raising this as more of a technical issue than anything else,
> disregarding the other issues about it.
>
>       -looking forward to some feedback - any feedback - speak to the
> keyboard
>
>                         regards,        John V

John.

I had a quick look....

Seems that the presentation is light on proven scientific fact and economic
feasibility, not to mention the political hurdles...

Just the sort of forum that keeps the line up of politicians and
professional theorists and New World Guru's busy pontificating ?

Looks like a dream to me without global peace.  I don't see human nature
changing to that extent in the next few light years.

Just a few thoughts hopefully from realism rather than cynicism.

Carl Emerson
Free Power
Auckland NZ

- - - -