system output honesty [RE-wrenches]

William Miller wrmiller at slonet.org
Wed Sep 26 18:19:25 PDT 2001

Marco:

I must not have been very clear, but you don't necessarily end up with the
same numeric float voltage setting.  Take the inverter with the lower
output and increase it's float voltage one increment at a time (I think it
adjusts in 0.2 volt increments)  while checking sell amps.  The change
should be immediate and obvious.  (If it doesn't improve, try decreasing
float voltage because my memory may not be accurate.)

William

At 01:09 AM 9/26/01 -1000, you wrote:
>William,
>
>Maybe you have the magic touch with your dual SWs, but my dual SWs are set
>at the same float voltage and, as Bill B. noted, they don't "share" those
>incoming PV electrons very equitably.
>
>On another note, has anyone received an AEI MM5 or MM3 yet?
>
>marco
>ProVision Technologies
>Hilo, land of declining tourism Hawai'i
>
>Friends:
>With dual SW inverters (I believe, if memory serves me right) I finally
>discovered that adjusting the float voltage until they both sell more or
>less equally does the job of balancing.
>William
>

>At 05:04 PM 9/25/01 -0700, you wrote:
>>Jeff C.,
>>
>>It is less important with a small array, but it still will work slightly
>>better. The much bigger issue with dual inverters in sell mode is that they
>
>>don't behave nicely with each other (they don't know how to share). One
>>inverter invariably wins the conversion battle and the other inverter sits
>>idle, or more likely, starts drawing power from the grid to fight the other
>
>>inverter.
>>
>>I have yet to see a dual SW system on the grid the worked really well. You
>>can trick them into working with various settings. I have a set of settings
>
>>that has worked well for me, others on the list may have their own methods.
>
>>If people are interested, we can do this onlist. If not, email me and I'll
>>send them offlist.
>>
>>Bill.

William Miller
SLO Communications: Communications and Power Systems Consulting
PO Box 50, Santa Margarita, CA 93453
Voice :805-438-5600		Fax: 805-438-4607	VMail: 805-546-4875
email: wrmiller at slonet.org
License No. C-10-773985
Compatibility:
Word processor: WP7
Spreadsheet: Quatro Pro 7
CAD: Microstation 95, DXF, Visio 4.1T
"I stand by all the misstatements that I've made." Dan Quayle

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com