e-meter ALERT [and Off-Topic suggestion] [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Thu Sep 13 18:12:16 PDT 2001

Todd,
Not a problem..we prefer the Tri-Met, and find it more user-friendly. We set
% full to P01, which indicates 1% increments rather than 5%. We explain that
it helps the user note incremental changes better and sooner, even though,
as Ralph Heise says, actual % of full is at best inexact. Everyone can read
and understand %, and we find the TM2020 to be rock-solid reliable.

I would appreciate if a Wrench who prefers the E-Meter, like Bob-O or Bob-M
(;-)) would post how he/she sets up the programming for maximum reliability.
I found that the CEF would get out of whack in many systems, especially when
the users had multiple cycles that never reached all five of the charged
parameters. At least 4 or 5 customers told me they couldn't trust their % of
full data, because it would occasionally jump to 100%, usually from right
around 78%. Thanks in advance.
Allan at +E

PS: On Tuesday I posted that we all need to stray off-topic re the WTC, and
suggested that we take two days to share thoughts and feelings. Michael was
kind and sensitive enough to let it happen, which I appreciate and respect.
So now I'll be the one to suggest that our two days ends tonight, and that
we return to wrenching posts as of Friday morning.
Allan