SW Efficiency/ PWM Angle Adjustment [RE-wrenches]

Mr. Sharkey sharkey at eugeneweb.com
Thu Sep 6 08:33:09 PDT 2001

	Bill;

	Thre's no reason to be sarcastic. I'm beginning to remember why I don't
post here any more.

	If you read my message again, you'll see that I am aware of power factor,
and that PF could be different for each installation, depending of the
amount of reactance in the utiltiy line. Your original mesage simply said
"set the PWM Angle to 126° " without mentioning that you were measuring any
real change with your $10k test intrument. Since I don't have such a
wonderous device, I used what did have and reported the results. Who's
shooting the messenger now?

	Are you trying to tell us that the PWM Angle setting should be set for
*minimum* AC current? Of course not, that would be equally wrong. The
logical conclusion would be that this setting is ambiguous at best unless
one has your $10,000 test instrument to verify the results. I think this
this was the upshot of my closing paragraph in the last post.

	Since I am obviously too stupid to be a part of this elite and exclusive
group, I'll just go back to lurking. Or maybe I won't even bother with that
any more.

	-S

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com