DC fluorescent ballasts [RE-wrenches]

David Palumbo, Independent Power & Light ipl at sover.net
Tue Sep 4 19:51:28 PDT 2001

Mark,
I have been using DC ballasts for years, some early Iota's, mostly
ThinLites, and some S&H/LIT ballasts with mixed results.
Voltage to the ballast is very important as any voltage drop due to
undersized wiring cirquits, or due to bad wiring, or switches will shorten
the life of the lamp/ballast. Also length of on time for the fluorescents is
important. They are speced to be on for long periods of time, such as four
hours.
I mention all of the above because I have not seen one manufacturers
ballasts last significantly longer than anothers.
Dave