system output honesty [RE-wrenches]

Carl Emerson freepower at freepower.co.nz
Mon Sep 3 19:34:56 PDT 2001

Bill...

Thanks for this, much appreciated.

At the end of the day I am more interested in measured performance rather than
loyalty to a product line.

I am very keen to see a further set of results from the Home Power democracy
rack.
Last I heard from Richard the US64 was performing near it's rating.

There seems to be significant differences in the test results conducted in
different parts of the world.

There are two power stations in Australia that are using the Canon EF2-64
Econoflat roofing modules and data available from there confirms the product is
sustaining high performance over several years.

I am beginning to wonder if there are subtle differences between the Canon
product from Japan and the Unisolar product from Mexico.

You may be aware that Canon have separated from Unisolar. They plan to have a
new generation of panels in 18 months or so.

Bill Brooks wrote:

> Carl,
>
> The SW is definitely more efficient than 65% for most situations. A good
> average number in sell back is 85% (a far cry from the 95% value in the
> manual for going through a resistor).
>
> By the way--I'm loving all this honesty.
>
> Incidentally, I was reviewing the TISO study several months back on
> different module types and the Unisolar product did extremely poorly on that
> test. You had my mind wide open on their products, but this test seems to
> confirm my previous experience. The figures for the US64 module are
> particularly disturbing since this is the technology they are selling today.
> One good piece of news for a-Si is that the APS and Solarex modules did
> well.
>
> For those that are interested in this study, here is the URL:
> http://www.dct.supsi.ch/leee/PV/TISO_tests_results.htm
>
> Enjoy--sometimes truth hurts, but it always hurts less than a lie in the
> long run.
>
> Bill.

Regards,

Carl Emerson
Manager
FREEPOWER LTD.  "Harnessing Natural Energy"
P.O. Box 10-1207 N.S.M.C. Auckland, NEW ZEALAND.
Ph. 09 4275206 fax 09 4275208  cell 021-633999  web www.freepower.co.nz

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm