Battery Bussing [RE-wrenches]

John Blittersdorf, Cent. VT Solar & Wind cvsolar at aol.com
Sun Sep 2 16:16:13 PDT 2001

In a message dated 9/1/01 12:22:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
windy at dankoffsolar.com writes:

<< I don't know why installers have so much resistance against this
 age-old time tested advice, but they do. I cringe when I see dry,
 unprotected battery assembly.

 Windy >>

I totally agree with using Vaseline all over the terminals.  I just swapped
out a bank of 12 Sears golf cart batteries that had been in service for 6
years.  It was my first installation and was not touched since except to add
water.  ALL the terminals were corrosion free even though the battery bank
was in a damp cellar.  Luckily someone had clued me in to the Vaseline trick
from day one.  My car battery corrosion has ceased since using the same
procedure.  Vaseline is also easier to clean off than some of the stickier
preparations.

John
CVSolar

- - - -