AWP36 and Wind Machine's 101 [RE-wrenches]

Carl Emerson freepower at freepower.co.nz
Wed Jul 11 05:00:11 PDT 2001

hugh piggott wrote:

> Americans seem to hate the lack of sliprings, but if you hang a good
> length of cable, 3 single conductors, inside a tube tower, then
> twisting really is not a problem.

Hey guys, there is a real easy way to overcome any potential cable twisting
without resorting to slip rings and it works very well.

Use a high tensile steel wire down through the length of the pole bolted at the
bottom and attached to the rotating frame at the top. The machine will turn
freely maybe five revolutions before flicking back. This method has been used
very successfully on the Clark machines here in NZ for some years. This puts no
strain on the cable.

By the way Hugh, I couldn't manage to access the link to the AWP curve you had on
your last posting.

Your comment Hugh on kW/hrs noted...

Cheers,

Carl Emerson
Manager
FREEPOWER LTD.  "Harnessing Natural Energy"
P.O. Box 10-1207 N.S.M.C. Auckland, NEW ZEALAND.
Ph. 09 4275206 fax 09 4275208  cell 021-633999  web www.freepower.co.nz

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm