Programming four SN5548's as one [RE-wrenches]

Carl Emerson freepower at freepower.co.nz
Tue Jul 10 17:14:19 PDT 2001

Tom...

We have done 5 x SW4548's grid-intertied on a common Absolyte 30,000 AH
bank but the AC out fed separate loads.
We cascaded the charging of the inverters.
Strange that the biggest solar system we have done down here (25 kW/day
solar) was on a property called Tara !!

Carl Emerson
Manager
FREEPOWER LTD.  "Harnessing Natural Energy"
P.O. Box 10-1207 N.S.M.C. Auckland, NEW ZEALAND.
Ph. 09 4275206 fax 09 4275208  cell 021-633999  web www.freepower.co.nz

Tom Lane wrote:

> I need help from wrenches who have linked four Trace SW5548's to act
> as one inverter putting out 22,000 watts.  We have a situation in
> Georgia where we have eight SW 5548's now operating as four parallel
> groups of dual SW5548's.  They are all four tied to the same battery
> bank of 36 twelve volt Deka batteries - 36,000 pounds of lead.  I like
> the situation as it is now, however the owner wants to parallel them
> in groups of our.  Does anyone have experience withthis?  What are the
> pros and cons to changing it? I would like opinions and ideas from
> anyone who has had the real life experience, so I can let the owner
> then make the choice. If we go ahead with this - what are the pitfalls
> to avoid?  If anyone has this experience we' d be interested in flying
> them to Atlanta, then going a little south of Macon to work on it.  A
> story on the system from the August issue of Homepower is at our web
> site www.ecs-solar.com .  Go to solar electric and then the blue
> button marked largest residential system in Georgia. It's called
> "Tara" as I always give our systems a name.Thanks,Gator Tom

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com