ST performance [RE-wrenches]

Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection econnect at snowcrest.net
Tue Jul 10 05:12:51 PDT 2001

<x-flowed>
Bill,
Huh? The LOWER voltage side of a 240vac buss? Pardon my ignorance.
Just what the hell are you talking about? You've got two, separate,
117vac legs 180 degree out of phase with a common neutral. What, turn
on all the loads in the house and see which side has a higher voltage
drop? What's up with that?
Granted that while feeding 1/2 of the main panel any extra power
would scoot out to the grid and be "re-consumed" later on, but the
fact remains that with a 120vac feed from a single inverter, you feed
one and ONLY one side of your mains.
Bob-O

>Bob-O,
>
>No assumption. One 120-Volt inverter, pick the lower voltage side of the
>240-Volt. Two 120-Volt inverters, one on each side of the split-phase.
>
>We have over 1,000 120-volt single inverters on the grid in California--come
>visit some time.
>
>Bill.

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com