Outboard equipment for PV5 [RE-wrenches]

Kent Sheldon kentsheldon at tracetec.com
Tue Jun 12 08:24:53 PDT 2001

Thanks for the input Bill, one thing about our combiner boxes. We only
have 10 and 12 circuit models now, each with or without diodes. I don't
sell too many with diodes. They are in NEMA3R wall mount enclosures and
are all UL1741 listed.

The 6, 12, and 22 circuit models were designs we bought from Pulse.
These designs were pretty much off the shelf parts (fuse holders, bus
bar, terminal blocks) manually wired together. This design worked fine
for all the applications I provided them for. Frankly, I prefer the
integrated bus board approach. The fewer mechanincal wire connections
the better. I'm sure that we have all seen mechanicall connections that
loosen over time. They become maintenance items, which seldom get
maintenanced. There is also the cost issue. The bus board approach is
quite a bit less expensive. I'm not sure if the Pulse designs are still
available, given the state of Pulse. John Berdner may be able to expand
on this.

Kent Sheldon
Product Manager, Photovoltaic Systems
Xantrex Technologies, Distributed Industrial & Utility Markets