batteries in garages [RE-wrenches]

Jerry Caldwell solarcowboy at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 9 12:43:10 PDT 2001

The inspector's boss responded well to a little
diplomacy and an explanation that no arc would occur
at the battery terminals since a technician would
first throw the battery disconnect breaker, which is
about 40" above the floor, before disconnecting the
battery cables.

I didn't mention all the outlet plugs in the garage
that were below 18" that could possibly draw an arc.

Now all I have to do is meet with the same inspector
one more time and hope he's sufficiently asserted his
dominance.

Jerry Caldwell
Light Energy Systems

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com