Diversion Load for wind generator [RE-wrenches]

Darrin Primm primmd at HUTTONCOM.COM
Fri Jun 8 11:21:31 PDT 2001

Allan,

I have had terrible problems with the AIR 403 shredding itself when
self-regulating for extended periods (days) due to increased mechanical wind
applications is that these systems are installed with enough solar to do
just fine in all but the darkest winter months.  Adding enough solar to get
beyond 99% system availability begins to require exponentially more modules
($$$$) for only small gains in reliability.  Adding a small, inexpensive
wind generator really is a cost effective solution to providing almost 100%
reliability.  For this reason I have been specifying the Trace C40 and a
diversion load (customer supplied) instead of utilizing the internal
regulator.  Since I am asking the customer to figure out which load would be
best, they may not be choosing the best equipment for the application
resulting in a near term failure.  If I can put together a load kit that is
hardened enough for this application, I can provide a complete solution!

Darrin Primm - Sales & Technical Services Coordinator
Alternate Energy Group
Hutton Communications, Inc.
Phone:  877-896-2806  Ext. 101
Fax:      770-963-9335