Carflex revisited [RE-wrenches]

Pat Kiernan, Eco Electric, Inc. ecoelec at rof.net
Thu May 24 19:14:05 PDT 2001

Wrenches,

>From my posting of 4/23/01...
I have used Carlon Carflex for years with no problems. In the Colorado
mountains we do not see the hot days that would drive back of module to 75
C. Recently tried Heyco Heyco-Flex II on a few projects. It has a
temperature rating of 70 C (no wet/dry distinction in the catalog). It is
more flexible than the Carflex so hopefully will reduce strain on the j-box.
Standard color is black. Somewhat more expensive than Carflex.

I neglected to mention in April that the Solarex MSX-120 comes from the
factory with Heyco-Flex II connecting the two module j-boxes (one for each
60 watt section). Since the MSX-120 is UL approved, I assume that this flex
is suitable for module wiring.

I would like to  see some clarification between  module back surface
temperature and the flex conduit ambient temperature in this application.
Bill Brooks, others ... any info?

Pat Kiernan

Eco Electric, Inc.
PO Box 550