PV Module Degradation (was PV Inverters module strings) [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar, Positive Energy, Inc. allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Tue May 15 16:31:17 PDT 2001

Re waiting for PV prices to fall: we respond that growth in module
production has failed to keep up with worldwide growth in demand; rural
electrification is allowing most of the less developed nations to skip past
20th-century centralized grid power (which will never happen) and bring
appropriate electrification to remote villages; and the united states is way
back in the oily dark ages compared to most nations of the world re PV.
Module prices are rising because of huge global demand, and the customer is
better off buying today.
I also let on that major advances in PV technology that will drop prices
through the floor are just around the corner--and they've been just around
the corner for the last 15 or so years. So the customer is better off buying
today.

If anybody can tell me that we're way off the mark here, I'm listening.
Allan @Positive Energy