DR compatible appliances [RE-wrenches]

Bob Ellison, Alternative Energy Systems ellison at gisco.net
Tue May 15 08:19:36 PDT 2001

I have only had a problem with clocks and a cheap(?) Snap-On tool battery
charger that I had to put vent holes into to help cool, but one of them died
on the utility power the same way, so I don't know if it is the inverter or
not.
All kinds of electronics here plus other equipment and no deaths in 9 years
so far.
I understand that some laser printers and photo copiers don't like them. I
think there is an electronic component (possibly named an "SCR" but I might
have the wrong initials) that has a problem and will fry and die on mod sine
power. Richard Perez can tell you off the top of his head what it is called.
I quit worrying about it a few installs ago unless they have more toys than
I do.

I also heard on the list that the "Toyo Stove" brand of heater will not work
correctly they are a cheap (not cost wise, just quality) copy of he original
"Monitor Heater" that will function fine.

Later,
Bob

RE. Ellison
Supplier of;