stoves [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar, Positive Energy, Inc. allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Wed May 9 18:58:05 PDT 2001

We have a Roper residential unit, I think. Came with the house. Electric
igniters on both top and oven; for the oven the igniter lights the pilot,
and a minute or two later the pilot lights the burner. No glow bar. I wired
in a wall switch for the AC cord. To light a burner, we flip the wall switch
then light up. Works well. In the summer we leave the switch on to burn up
all those surplus electrons...
Only problem we've had was that the former owner never baked and thought the
oven had stopped working. It took lots of baking before the mice that moved
in stopped smelling.
Allan