Voltage drop musings [RE-wrenches]

David Palumbo, Independent Power & Light ipl at sover.net
Fri May 4 11:30:34 PDT 2001

William Miller wrote:

<<Others have spoken about winter charging as being no less robust than
summer charging.  While we do not have snow in my region, the description
of some of the scenarios lead me to imagine a situation many of my clients
may experience:  Our winter is really a rainy season.  The storms come in
waves from the southwest.  Between storms we can have one or more sunny
days.  I can imagine that after the rain washes the air clear, and with the
ambient temperature cooler, the panels may charge closer to rated output
than in the summer.  And after days of rain, my clients my need all of the
charge they can possible get in a short time period.>>

In my experience this is right on. And the colder the climate the more
dramatic
the difference. At 0 to 10 degrees F we see plus 25% on the MPPT
controllers.

Dave Palumbo

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com