Solar Guerilla danger? [RE-wrenches]

Chris Daum info at oasismontana.com
Mon Apr 23 17:52:26 PDT 2001

Hello Wrenches:

I think I am an 'inadvertent' solar guerilla.  Last fall, in that small
window of opportunity when the PS series WAS approved for grid-tie systems,
I installed one at my home/office (PS2524).  Yeah, the remote is messed up
a lot of the time (I haven't disconnected the ground yet), and the sucker
is NOISY, and the LEDs are stupidly placed on the bottom, but it works
great, and is really all the inverter I need for the loads I'm powering.
 It certainly runs my loads more efficiently and quietly that my older
DR1524.

I've had the system inspected and the local inspector (who didn't know
doodly about these systems) was impressed by my code compliance.  Then, a
month or so later, I heard that the UL rating for grid-tie systems had been
rescinded for these units.  Well MY unit has a UL sticker on it....

So, what do you think?  Am I kosher, or should I upgrade to a SW4024?

Chris Daum
Oasis Montana Inc.
406-777-4321 or 4309
406-777-2632  fax