Gray Flex [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks billbrooks7 at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 21 09:49:14 PDT 2001

Answer,

USE-2 cable or Tray Cable without conduit using cable glands to connect to
the junction boxes is cheaper than conduit and more appropriate in many
cases. Many modules are not "conduit ready". Just because it has a 3/4"
knockout, does not mean you can put a piece of conduit on it. We have many
examples of conduit causing junction boxes to pop off the backside of the
module. If the installation directions don't mention conduit you CANNOT put
conduit on them.

If you put conduit on a module it must be a minimum of 80C wet-rated. The
stuff you buy at HOME DESPOT is 60C rated and can weaken and fall apart at
the temperatures we work with. I'm not making this stuff up or just
regurgitating John Wiles stuff, I've seen it on several occasions in the
field. The crap they often put on A/C units rated for lower temperatures
should NEVER be used on PV system.

Now that oughta get some reaction--anyone care to take me to task on this
one? (in good fun of course)

Bill.