Cat 5 cable [RE-wrenches]

Bob Ellison, Alternative Energy Systems ellison at gisco.net
Thu Apr 12 09:15:16 PDT 2001

Does anyone bother using the shielded Cat 5 cable, or is it just an added
expense that is unneeded?
Thought I would ask,
Bob

You can buy a 1000' box of CAT5 anywhere for less than $60 pretty much
anywhere.  I'd much prefer CAT5 as I usually keep it and use it to pre-wire
for phone when I'm wiring a house.  Although I usually let the phone guy
terminate it when he puts the phone system in.  I usually keep a punch down
(110) tool and several different phone style crimping tools (actually I have
several dies for my crimper).  Both tools will last forever and cost less
than $50 each.

Travis Creswell
Ozark Solar
----------
>From: Jeff Yago <jryago at erols.com>
>To: RE-wrenches at topica.com
>Subject: RE: Questions - looking for feedback on the Remote SWRC
[RE-wrenches]
>Date: Thu, Apr 12, 2001, 10:52 AM
>

>Cable is cheap and easy to buy locally.  Why add this cost to a
>product  and guess at length that will be right for everyone.  Provide
>clearly labeled screw terminals and specify the type cable to use, let
>us cut exact length needed from a 500ft roll.  No special connectors,
>tools, crimpers, or reversing junction blocks required!
>
>Jeff Yago

- - -
To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com