Questions - looking for feedback on the Remote SWRC [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Yago jryago at erols.com
Thu Apr 12 08:52:14 PDT 2001

"Use a standard multwire CAT 5 shielded type network cable but without
connectors. Two "clam shell" DB 25 to connectors would be included in
the kit with integrated terminal blocks or punch block terminations.
Pull the cable through walls & conduit, strip and using a new wire
diagram - terminate the wires  . . . . .  ."

We had same problem with installing remote kWh meters provided by a
manufacturer that was providing meters to us with fixed length cable
and "phone jack" style connectors installed.  Most electricians do not
like to work with phone connectors and we had major problems with
electricians installing these with reversed wires when they had to
lengthen(all jobs!!).  They no longer use these connectors or provide
pre-made cables.  Ditto on problems with conduit and wall studs!

Cable is cheap and easy to buy locally.  Why add this cost to a
product  and guess at length that will be right for everyone.  Provide
clearly labeled screw terminals and specify the type cable to use, let
us cut exact length needed from a 500ft roll.  No special connectors,
tools, crimpers, or reversing junction blocks required!

Jeff Yago

- - -
To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com