Wire nuts in DC? [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks billbrooks7 at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 2 15:53:54 PDT 2001

Good question about No-Ox grease. UL may not certify that as a wet-rated
connector, but it would certainly be better to do that. The code requires us
to use connectors rated for the location (wet) so that limits the field when
we are trying to follow the code.

The pre-twisting may not be as necessary as the post-twisting--that is once
the connector is tight, continue to turn the connection until wires twist
around themselves 1-2 times. This strain-relieves the connection and tends
to keep it together.

However, I think pre-twisting of solid conductors is necessary to get a good
connection regardless of what the ac-minded manufacturers might say.

Bill.

- - -
To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com