Laser inquiry [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar ozsolar at ipa.net
Sun Apr 1 13:48:43 PDT 2001

I like the BP585's  and 590's that I've used. They do seem to perform very
well but I can't prove they are performing better than anything else.

Another benefit of the higher power point voltage could be the increased
output in summer when the stuff with lower PPV is really getting hurt by the
heat.  This laser groove stuff was invented in Australia by the way.

I can't rattle off the decrease in volts for every degree Celsius but I have
seen it before and it is rather significant.  By the way, amps goes up with
heat, if I'm not mistaken, but the decrease in voltage more than offsets
that increase and you get lower watts.

Bill Brooks are you reading this?  What would the OCV of a typically
crystalline cell be on a 100 degree (F) day?  Of course that means that the
panels themselves are easily approaching 140.  Do you have a "rule of
thumb"?

Travis Creswell
Ozark Solar.