PV Inverters module strings [RE-wrenches]

William Miller wrmiller at slonet.org
Fri Mar 30 13:51:25 PST 2001

Joel:

Good design work.  This is the type of documentation that will make our
work easier for all of us.

William Miller

At 11:28 AM 3/30/01 -0800, you wrote:
>In general, is this list ok for rough sizing before getting down to the
details?
>Any changes, additions or corrections? Do any of the "low fill-factor"
companies
>or other PV manufacturers want to speak up?
>
>24 modules
>Siemens SR100
>Siemens SP75
>BP Solar BP-585UL
>Kyocera KC120-1
>Astropower APX-75
>Astropower AP-120
>
>12 modules
>BP Solar BP2150
>Photowatt PW1000-95
>
>? modules
>ASE Americas ASE-300
>
>Do not use
>Energy Photovoltaics EPV-40
>Solarex MST-43
>Solarex MSX-120
>United Solar SSR-128
>United Solar US-64
>
>Bill Brooks wrote:
>
>> Joel,
>>
>> It's a temperature issue so you cannot make a blanket statement for all
>> locations. You can say for all of California, except the Sierra's, 24
>> crystalline modules in series will generally work. If the open circuit
>> voltage of a crystalline module is low enough, we may be able to go to
>> 25-modules in series right along the coast of California, or any where it
>> never goes below freezing. Solarex MST-43, UniSolar-all products, and any
>> other low fill-factor module (CdTe) will likely not work with this inverter
>> because the difference between the Voc and Vmp is too great.
>>
>> The temperature correction factors come from Table 690-7 in the NEC. This
>> correction factor table only applies to crystalline modules, but we can
rule
>> out thin films for the time being because even though their correction
>> factors are less--even with no correction factors they will not work.
>>
>> Bill.

William Miller
SLO Communications: Communications and Power Systems Consulting
PO Box 50, Santa Margarita, CA 93453
Voice :805-438-5600		Fax: 805-438-4607	VMail: 805-546-4875
email: wrmiller at slonet.org
License No. C-10-773985
Compatibility:
Word processor: WP7
Spreadsheet: Quatro Pro 7
CAD: Microstation 95, DXF, Visio 4.1T
"I stand by all the misstatements that I've made." Dan Quayle

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

The archive of previous messages:

List rules & etiquette: