PV Inverters module strings [RE-wrenches]

Kent Sheldon kentsheldon at tracetec.com
Thu Mar 29 15:41:33 PST 2001

William, yes I work for the former Trace Technologies, now called Xantrex
Distributed Industrial and Utility Markets Business Unit. I am the POC for
applications questions on the PV series inverter line. Unfortunately, being
that we manufacture inverters, we do not specify specific PV panels, or
arrangements to use with our inverters. This is the job of the system
integrator. What we have done is to specify an allowable voltage operating
window for the inverter. The type or design of the PV module is not
important, as long as the input voltage constraints are met. You must decide
what configuration of PV works best for your application, orientation,
regional location, code requirements, etc. The calculations are rather
straightforward, but require much information specific to the site
installation. I believe Bill Brooks walked you through a possible solution,
which may or may not be adequate for your application.

Regards,

Kent Sheldon
Product Manager - Photovoltaic Engineering Group
Xantrex/Trace Technologies Inc.
925 245 5463/925 245 1022 Fax
kentsheldon at tracetec.com  www.xantrex.com