Smoke detector flameout [RE-wrenches]

Kurt Nelson sunwise at cheqnet.net
Wed Mar 28 14:37:12 PST 2001

> Re Phantom Loads - in my early days of PV installation (1981), we found
most
> Sony TVs drew 20-30W when off (the CRT filament is kept hot to allow a
quick
> "On").  For this convenience, if you multiply say 50 million TVs times
20W,
> you get 1GW, or the output of a sizable power plant..
>
> YES, and someone on the list a while back was asking about the power
consumption of small Dish systems for TV reception.  I recently measured one
with my brand new Brand meter and while it only draws about 30 watts while
turned on, it only draws a couple watts less while off.  When will someone
come out with a little power box device that will utilize the now standard
mulit-task remote control to power down the entire TV/VCR/Sat dish at the
press of one of the programmable remote buttons?

Kurt Nelson

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

The archive of previous messages: