300 Watt Grid Tied Inverter [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks billbrooks7 at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 27 18:55:37 PST 2001

Poor Kent,

Actually you probably don't know what you have. From your message it sounds
like you have an ASE-300 module that has a nominal output of 50-Volts. This
module was designed for high voltage arrays like those silly little white
boxes you guys make ;-).

It's peak output is actually at about 40-Volts in hot weather and therefore
needs a 36-volt nominal inverter to run properly. The ST-1000 will not power
track to a low enough voltage level. What you need is an Alternative Energy
GC-1000 36-volt version (it peaks at about 700 watts due to the lower
voltage--same current)--how ironic.

By the way, I teach a course on designing grid-tie PV systems--you should
check it out some time. You might learn something ;-).  Seriously, give me a
call if I can help you with your home project. I'd be happy to come by and
give you a hand.

Bill.