Home Depot is gonna kill us! [RE-wrenches]

Lynne A Carter solarvil at netpath.net
Sat Mar 24 06:56:30 PST 2001

We saw the same thing during Y2k ; Northern Hydraulics, the local Generator
company (kohler rep.)  and the HVAC companies all trying to get in on the
"buzz".   Lets face it we can change faster and stay leaner than they can.
Let home depot sign on the line to purchase 10000000000 heaters.  They will
be stuck with them.  And the manufacture that makes us the "solar bozo" a
fair deal wins.  I bet the sales rep that sold H.D. the A-stars got a cut.
If some wants you to install one: you can say "I charge a 35% mark up on
everything you want me to install, pleas provide the receipt if you
purchased it form some where else."  Electricians do this all the time;
light switches are only a dollar but ask a electrician and there 5 dollars
or more.  Remember installers are taking a risk installing something.  The
customer must pay the installer to take that risk.
Lyn
Lyn at solarvillage.com
Solar Village Institute inc.
PO Box 14