Bergey XL1- Re: 24VDC to 48VDC [RE-wrenches]

info at backwoodssolar.com info at backwoodssolar.com
Sun Mar 18 08:34:19 PST 2001

Dan Pringle's EQ24/48 will exchange power both ways, so charging to the 24
volt half of the battery will translate to full 48 volt string charge with
this device. You could run the 24 volt windmill into the lower half of the
battery and thereby charge the whole string, but current is limited, it
averages out after a time, catches up, after the lower half absorbs any
rapid charging however. I don't recommend using them that way though, they
are less efficient than when down converting, and so they get warm.
Steve Willey
Backwoods Solar Electric Systems www.backwoodssolar.com
A catalog business on a mountain
2 miles from utility lines,
powered entirely by our catalog products.
IF UTILITY POWER IS 1/4 MILE OR MORE FROM YOUR SITE,
get our free 160 page solar-electric Planning Guide/Catalog.
(Your postal address required - Our list is never given or sold).
Phone(208)263-4290  Fax (208) 265-4788  in Idaho, USA