Unisolar Roofing [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks billbrooks7 at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 15 16:35:18 PST 2001

Carl,

How long did you wait for the a-Si to "attenuate?" It has a major impact on
your results. Even 90 days is on the short side. I apologize for getting
into the emotive language game, but we do need more 3rd party testing before
any Wrench can select a module based on its performance.

Also, the test set you put together is for an off grid application. Any low
fill factor module will tend to perform better under those conditions.
Amorphous is not evil or awful, I just don't like a lot of the rhetoric that
gets thrown around by manufacturers, whoever they may be. There are so many
factors that influence how a PV module will perform, that it is important to
be clear about how transferable a certain test is to other applications and
other areas.

Right now, we need tests for grid-connected equipment in California. I'm not
really concerned about who outperforms who in the Netherlands (but I'm sure
they do there). I want to know what happens here, and what the implications
are for our market in California. If that benefits New Zealand, Canada, or
the Netherlands, so much the better.

Bill.

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com