Shooting ourself in the foot! Manus on the list [RE-wrenches]

William Miller wrmiller at slonet.org
Wed Mar 14 14:12:45 PST 2001

Blair:

If you had a good flow of information from Trace, you are the only one I
ever heard about.

We've seen that a request for data on this list receives no results.  We've
been harping on SW issues, ST issues and Remote Metering issues for months.
 All we heard form the Xantrex rep is, 'I'm back from vacation, I'll get
right back to you..."  That was at least a week ago.

I believe we need to contact manufacturers "Officially," that is, reach
consensus on our questions, put it on letter head with return receipt and
then when they flake out, they can't say, "now when did you send that
letter?"  This is the only way to protect ourselves from the typical lousy
follow through.

Outside of the official contact, each of us can take a chance at calling or
writing individually.  But when that breaks down, I'd like to rally my
colleagues and give them a written "dope slap"  (meaning a stern letter
insisting on a reply, with a veiled threat to scream bloody murder if they
continue to sandbag us).

This is the forum to rally and act in unison.  That act of creating a
united voice is diluted if the manufacturer is expected to determine what
is a rant and what is a request for information.  Hence my feeling the
manufacturers should not be on the list.

William

At 06:59 AM 3/14/01 -0800, you wrote:
>tough enough w/out having to disseminate info that was free flowing from
>Pagan(to me personally) in a timely fashion,as far as I can see we still

William Miller
SLO Communications: Communications and Power Systems Consulting
PO Box 50, Santa Margarita, CA 93453
Voice :805-438-5600		Fax: 805-438-4607	VMail: 805-546-4875
email: wrmiller at slonet.org
License No. C-10-773985
Compatibility:
Word processor: WP7
Spreadsheet: Quatro Pro 7
CAD: Microstation 95, DXF, Visio 4.1T
"I stand by all the misstatements that I've made." Dan Quayle

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

The archive of previous messages:

List rules & etiquette: