Unisolar Roofing [RE-wrenches]

William Miller wrmiller at slonet.org
Tue Mar 13 19:14:06 PST 2001

At 09:01 AM 3/13/01 -0800, you wrote:
>Remember on any roofing PV, it may not be appropriate in areas with snow, or
>in areas where economics is a major factor, as it precludes seasonal tilt.
>This loses the near 30% gain possible by seasonal angle adjustment, raising
>the PV portion of system cost proportionally.

I read in a Home Power article that seasonal adjustments only net a 10%
gain HP #36.  What is the reality?

Also, does anyone know if there is a program available to calculate the
efficiency of a PV array oriented away from true south at various
declinations?

William Miller

William Miller
SLO Communications: Communications and Power Systems Consulting
PO Box 50, Santa Margarita, CA 93453
Voice :805-438-5600		Fax: 805-438-4607	VMail: 805-546-4875
email: wrmiller at slonet.org
License No. C-10-773985
Compatibility:
Word processor: WP7
Spreadsheet: Quatro Pro 7
CAD: Microstation 95, DXF, Visio 4.1T
"I stand by all the misstatements that I've made." Dan Quayle

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

The archive of previous messages:

List rules & etiquette: