Just in from Square D [RE-wrenches]

Bob Ellison, Alternative Energy Systems ellison at gisco.net
Fri Mar 9 09:01:47 PST 2001

The above letter continues:  "Positive and negative voltages must be
applied to both bus bars.  Two pole circuit breakers must be used for
branch loads."  And, "Do not use the neutral assembly of the load center."

This I find interesting, it means that you must use a 2 pole breaker and one
buss bar of the box for positive and the other bar for the negative line.
That way both lines flow through the breaker. I think this is to help the
breaker to pop in an overload situation.

Am I understanding this correctly? It sure has my interest.

Later,
Bob