QO Breakers and Panels [RE-wrenches]

jay peltz jay at asis.com
Fri Mar 9 07:44:19 PST 2001

Hi Drake,

The one issue I have with fuses is that they at somepoint will fail and that means
a house call.  The reason we all use breakers and want to use them is for ease for
the customer.  (Don't see to many grid homes these days with screw in fuses no?)

I am familiar with the AIR situation, and I also know ( inregards to your QO
breaker failure) that standard AC breakers fail also, so I'm not sure that from one
"problem" we can the whole idea of breakers.

If there are better breakers, that do a better job then great lets use them.  The
AirPax/heinman work better but are just more expensive and difficult to use.
Doesn't mean we shouldn't use them though.

So here is my question:
I know that there are differences between what a assembled product can do and what
we can make in the field, however is the issue really safety or what?
I mean Trace uses Heineman direct to battery, Pulse used QOU on 48v systems? So are
these unsafe? Or if they are safe then what?

I leave this in the hands of probably Bill and Drake??

thanks,

jay
peltz power

To send a message: