Finally final [RE-wrenches]

Michael Welch, Home Power michael.welch at homepower.com
Wed Mar 7 14:11:49 PST 2001

OK. I have heard from a handful of wrenches that they are not happy with the limitation of being at least a techie & one that it should not be limited to one individual. In addition, I have heard from wrenches that are no longer in the "no way" position and are OK with having a technician on the list.

Therefore, the following requirements are to be considered the final solution. Some of us are not entirely happy with it (including myself), but it is a good compromise of a lot of strong-minded folks. Please let this move through.

The companies want to be on here. If Xantrex, Siemens, and other manus feel this list is as important as they have indicated, then on a management level they will make watching this list a part of one of their techie's job and figure out how to deal with it when that person goes out of town.

>I am proposing a plan that I hope we can all live with. I have tried to reach a consensus, but that is not going to happen. Unless you have very serious overriding concerns, I hope you will stand aside and let this move forward.
>
>1.  Keep the discussion technical.
>2.  No press releases or other public relations.
>3.  One technically proficient representative from each major manufacturer may participate.
>4.  The manufacturers must understand that although Home Power is gracious and generous enough to sponsor this list that they have also allowed the list membership to control the list direction. Thus, if the list's Wrench members find that a manufacturer is not abiding with the above, they would be dropped. This would not be a reflection on Home Power Magazine, only a reflection on us individual wrenches.
>5.  The Wrenches on the list would continue control of list direction, not the manufacturers.
>6.  This policy could be changed later.
>7.  We (via the list manager) still determine who gets on the list. No one has a "right" to be on the list.
>
>Michael Welch
>
>------------------------
>"Society is like a stew. If you don't keep it stirred up, you get a lot of scum on top."
>
>                         Edward Abbey
>
>Michael Welch, michael.welch at homepower.com www.homepower.com
>       Associate Editor, Home Power magazine
>       Office Coordinator, Redwood Alliance
>       (Not HP mag's #s) 707-822-7884 fax: 707-822-3481
>

>- - - - - - -
>To send a message:
>  RE-wrenches at topica.com
>
>The archive of previous messages:
>  http://www.topica.com/lists/RE-wrenches/
>
>List rules & etiquette:
>  http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm
>
>To unsubscribe send a message to:
>
>To check out the other RE-Wrench participants:
>  www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/index.html
>
>Hosted by Home Power magazine:
>  www.homepower.com
>
>For info contact list moderator by email:
>  michael.welch at homepower.com

>T O P I C A  -- Learn More. Surf Less.
>Newsletters, Tips and Discussions on Topics You Choose.
>http://www.topica.com/partner/tag01

Michael Welch

 RE-wrenches at topica.com

The archive of previous messages: