net metered system question [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar, Positive Energy, Inc. allan at positivenergy.com
Fri Mar 2 18:06:50 PST 2001

Bill,
Do you then depend on regular EQ to gas the batteries and stir the
electrolyte up?

And a bigger question for you and wrenches: Most of our battery care advice
is for off-gridders, who cycle their cells routinely.  What is proper care
for batteries that sit in float all the time on grid-backup systems? How
often should they be equalized, if at all? And what is their life expectancy
in relation to mfgr's rated cycle life, and also to their real-world
expected life?

Allan @+E