Manufacturers on the list? [RE-wrenches]

William Miller wrmiller at slonet.org
Wed Feb 28 00:01:33 PST 2001

Friends:

I've been on the fence on this issue but I've made up my mind and I feel
very good about my position:

This is our forum.  We are kindred spirits separated by vast geography.  We
need a camp were we can pull a log up to the fire and share what's on our
minds.  We don't all live in the same village so this list has become that
campfire. I don't particularly want a corporate person who is trying to
impress his or her boss eavesdropping in real time on our community
discussions.  When we collectively want to tell Trace or Vanner of Siemens
something, we can decide on what we want to say and send them a letter.
This gives us the power of consensus.  The manufacturer (or government
representative) can respond to the person we appoint and the response can
be sent to the list for all to see.  It's as simple as that.

William Miller

William Miller
SLO Communications: Communications and Power Systems Consulting
Chief Engineer, KCBX: NPR and PRI for San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara
PO Box 50, Santa Margarita, CA 93453
Voice :805-438-5600		Fax: 805-438-4607	VMail: 805-546-4875
email: wrmiller at slonet.org
License No. C-10-773985
Compatibility:
Word processor: WP7, Word 7
Spreadsheet: Quatro Pro 7, Excel 5
CAD: Microstation 95, DXF, Autocad V12 DWG, Visio 4.1T
"I stand by all the misstatements that I've made." Dan Quayle

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

The archive of previous messages:

List rules & etiquette: