Manufacturers on the list? [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar ozsolar at ipa.net
Tue Feb 27 14:01:40 PST 2001

I am confused (even more than usual).  We are talking about the main list,
not the lead list? Right?  But anyway here goes..

How are we defining manufacturer?  The range is this industry is very large.
 Backwoods and Dankoff are manufacturers (sort of) yet we welcome them on
the list.  Of course they are still privately owned by the founder of the
company (as far as I know).  They aren't in the solar business because they
believe it to be a excellent " potential profit center" nor are they owned
by someone who desires to move themselves into the industry that still has a
way to go.

But Siemens, on the other hand, is quite a different story.  To put it in
scale... I would bet that Siemens revenue last year just from 20 amp single
pole breakers @ 3$ each represents more revenue than the solar industry in
total has done since its beginning.

Is this list for them?  No, it's for dealer/installers and small business'
committed to the industry,  not mega billion dollar corporations or
corporations doing their best to get there.

If I want them to answer a question I'll ask them myself!  If they don't
have the courtesy to answer me I'll tell my fellow Re-Wrenches.  If they
make me happy I'll report that to.  If they take issue with something I've
said (after reading the archives) then they can contact me.  We are all
pretty easy to find.

Travis Creswell
Ozark Solar

To send a message: