Manufacturers on the list? [RE-wrenches]

Jeffrey Wolfe, Global Resources global at sover.net
Tue Feb 27 13:43:27 PST 2001

Hi All,

I "think" we all agree that if we can good, solid, technical feedback from
the manufacturers, we'd like to have them here. That's really what this
list is all about, at least for me. Technical issues with technical
replies, and an occasional rant. No spin allowed.

So I favor manufacturers on this list, with the following conditions:
1.  Keep the discussion technical.
2.  NO PRESS RELEASES. This is NOT a PR list.
3.  The person must have a technical background and be in a technical
position with the company. I would not want a person who simply passed
through info written by another person.
4.  The manufacturers must understand, that although Home Power is gracious
and generous enough to sponsor this list (THANK YOU!) that they have also
graciously allowed the list membership to control the list direction. Thus,
if the list WRENCH members find that a manufacturer is not abidding with
the above, they would be dropped. This would not be a reflection on Home
Power, only a reflection on us individual wrenches.
5.  The WRENCHES on the list would continue control of list direction. Not
the manufacturers.
6.  This policy could be changed later.
7.  We (you Michael) still determine who gets on the list. No one has a
"right" to be on the list. (Thank you for being a great guardian.)
8.  Mail volume is a serious issue. I already delete about half the

Any manufacturer's rep on here will need a thick skin. I do not want to see
reactive defense of products. I want to see proactive change and response.

Either way, I don't think we're yet in danger of being an old boys and
girls club.

Jeff

Jeffery D. Wolfe, P.E.
Global Resource Options, LLP
A Woman-Owned Vermont Limited Liability Partnership
4 Kibling Hill Road
P.O. Box 51
Strafford, VT 05072
802/765-4632