inverter generator match [RE-wrenches]

jay peltz jay at asis.com
Tue Feb 13 21:31:58 PST 2001

Hi Lee,

I have seen problems with Honda's and DR units.  The "fix" is to put a hard
load on the generator, such as a  heater or auto battery charger, lights
whatever.  What seems to happen is the generator is looking for a load, the
inverter is looking for the power and they just don't seem to meet. But when
you put the genny on a hard load, now its generating power, the inverter
sees it and they work much better.

jay

Peltz Power

"Lee Tavenner, Solar Plexus" wrote:

> Wrenches:
> I have a customer with a Trace 1524 inverter and a Kawasaki 3200 watt
> generator.  When the generator starts up, the Trace inverter after  60
> seconds will go into bulk charge only for a second, then it will revert
> to inverter mode.  The battery voltage is about 24.5 volts, the
> frequency is slightly high, about 62 hz, but according to Trace not out
> of range, and the generator voltage is about 112 volts.  The inverter
> charges properly on the grid and it charges properly with a different
> generator.  Is there something peculiar about the Kawasaki  generators
> that could cause such a problem?  Has anyone else had similar
> experience?  What is going on here?  Thanks.  Lee Tavenner. Solar Plexus
>
> - - - - - - -
> To send a message:
>  RE-wrenches at topica.com
>
> The archive of previous messages:
>  http://www.topica.com/lists/RE-wrenches/
>
> To unsubscribe send a message to:
>
> To check out the other RE-Wrench participants:
>  www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/index.html
>
> Hosted by Home Power magazine:
>  www.homepower.com
>
> For info contact list moderator by email:
>  michael.welch at homepower.com

> T O P I C A  -- Learn More. Surf Less.
> Newsletters, Tips and Discussions on Topics You Choose.
> http://www.topica.com/partner/tag01

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

 michael.welch at homepower.com