Brand Meter [RE-wrenches]

sunwise at cheqnet.net sunwise at cheqnet.net
Sun Feb 11 13:47:06 PST 2001

Greetings All,

I just got my very first Brand meter (thanks Bob-O) and toasted it on
the first day.  Has anyone had any similar problems?  The instructions
say that it is okay to already have a load plugged into the meter when
it is then plugged into an outlet.  It also says that square wave can be
used with the meter.  It seemed to work okay at first, but then started
having display problems when I turned on a load that brought a U series
inverter out of search (meter saw lower start up voltages).  This seemed
to clear up when I repowered the circuit with the inverter up, but I
later noticed the meter reading 15 times more watts than actual, which
is all that it has done since.  It is model 4-1850DR  -- Kurt Nelson

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

The archive of previous messages:

To unsubscribe send a message to: