efficient reefers [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar ozsolar at ipa.net
Sat Feb 10 19:23:18 PST 2001

John,

Can you get a Brand (or equivalent) meter on that fridge?  I'd really like
to confirm that 380 number.  I would guess that is not a self defrosting
unit if that number proves any where near accurate.

 I have accidentally "caught" my amana bottom freezer model defrosting and
it uses nearly 500 watts for 15 minutes twice a day.  That adds up to .25
kWh/day.

On the Sunfrost.  I would really like some data on it.  Not the published
data either.  From what I've heard it uses well over it's rated amount which
typically puts it up over the better non-solar units available at your local
appliance dealer.

Travis