kWh/cu. ft. Study was efficient reefers [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar ozsolar at ipa.net
Sat Feb 10 07:35:29 PST 2001

Doug,

Do you know how much lower the new standards are?  The very best current
"yellow tag" ratings I am seeing are in-between ~500 and ~600 annual kWh.
What is funny is that some of those little Danby apartment models sold at
Wal-Mart  use nearly 500.  Seems like I caught a recent article in a energy
trade magazine that said they had brought the cabinet technology up to the
point to where improvements in the mechanical side would help a lot.

Our Amana bottom freezer uses from 1.1 kWh to 1.7 kWh depending on season.

I'd like to do a kWh/cu. ft. analyses based on the units we all  have and
are
measuring our selves with Brand (type) meters?  Would anyone who has some
data on their own fridge or customers fridge please send it to me off list.
I'll collect and tabulate it.  I'd like to even compare the SunFrosts and
propane models also.  I am thinking about analyzing btu's/ cu. ft as well as
kWh/cu.ft.

Travis Creswell
Ozark Solar