Generator Control- A Doozie [RE-wrenches]

William Miller wrmiller at slonet.org
Mon Feb 5 16:25:51 PST 2001

Travis:

I have faced just this sort of dilemma.  I'd like to reply with a diagram,
off-line.  Can you open Visio drawings?  If not, I can send a jpg.  Let me
know.

William

At 09:27 AM 2/5/01 -0800, you wrote:
>Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar wrote:
>>
>> I have a customer who already had a 22 kW kohler controlled by a
>> automatic transfer switch.  We added solar and a dual SW inverter
>> system to the house.  Due to the size of the existing generator and
>> existing house wiring configuration I can't run the generator into AC2
>> on the SW's.  There are loads on the main panel that he would like to
>> run still that shoudn't be ran of the inverters.
>
>Hey Travis,
>
>Having a hard time following this, maybe if you spoke more about what
>these loads and such consist of.  That said, I don't see why you can't
>bring the gen-set into AC2.  Just don't have all the home loads on the
>AC outputs of the Trace(s).  Also, if you want to do some type of
>transferring, consider using the AUX relays in the Trace rather than an
>Emeter set-up.  If you'd care to give more info on what is running where
>in this home (maybe off list), it may help me to follow the logic and I
>may be able to offer some other thoughts -- Kurt Nelson
>
>- - - - - - -
>To send a message:
> RE-wrenches at topica.com
>
>The archive of previous messages:
> http://www.topica.com/lists/RE-wrenches/
>
>To unsubscribe send a message to:
>
>To check out the other RE-Wrench participants:
> www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/index.html
>
>Hosted by Home Power magazine:
> www.homepower.com
>
>For info contact list moderator by email:
> michael.welch at homepower.com

>T O P I C A  -- Learn More. Surf Less.
>Newsletters, Tips and Discussions on Topics You Choose.
>http://www.topica.com/partner/tag01

William Miller
SLO Communications: Communications and Power Systems Consulting
Chief Engineer, KCBX: NPR and PRI for San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara
PO Box 50, Santa Margarita, CA 93453
Voice :805-438-5600		Fax: 805-438-4607	VMail: 805-546-4875
email: wrmiller at slonet.org
License No. C-10-773985
Compatibility:
Word processor: WP7, Word 7
Spreadsheet: Quatro Pro 7, Excel 5
CAD: Microstation 95, DXF, Autocad V12 DWG, Visio 4.1T
"I stand by all the misstatements that I've made." Dan Quayle

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

 michael.welch at homepower.com