DR charging oddities [RE-wrenches]

Kurt Nelson, SunWise sunwise at win.bright.net
Mon Jan 22 21:37:41 PST 2001

Roy Butler, Four Winds RE wrote:

Right back at you here, then I'm off to some sunny island where solar
electricity is produced directly from sand, as long as smiley faced
people are sitting on said sandy beaches.  I'll let you know how it was
when I wake up in the morning.

Regarding your last message, I was in part talking about lower battery
voltage in the winter (we all run em down farther come December).  As
battery voltage can effect the output of a generator, I thought I'd
mention it as a possible cause for the effect.  "Lower charging amps in
the summer than the winter".  I've seen a smaller generator with a DR
inverter that will put 30 amps into a 24 VDC battery at 25 VDC, and
about 8 amps into the same battery when the volts have come up to
(about) 30 VDC.  It's the top of the wave-form deal.  When you have
(essentially) a 10-1 winding on the Trace's transformer and you are
putting 120 vac in, you're getting 12 vac out the other end.  As battery
voltage rises above that 12 VDC, and charger output falls off in
relation.

Kurt Nelson

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com