more BAD solarex modules, etc. [RE-wrenches]

Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection econnect at snowcrest.net
Wed Jan 17 13:27:16 PST 2001

<x-flowed>Jim,
Well said. I salute you.
I'm all for the therapeutic value of having a forum where we can all
bitch with fellow travelers who will nod their collective heads and
say, "Tsk,tsk, ain't it the truth." After all, WE are the ones that
get hammered by manufacturers failures. Even if we are able to charge
our clients for a warrantee service call (a rare thing), it's usually
just a break even deal. The mail order and .coms get to just slide.
That being said, I think you are right on to suggest we have a list
of problems and fixes. What it would take is someone to winnow out
(or codify, as you suggest) the kernels from the grousing. A tough
job to do without his/her favoritism shining through. Getting any of
the manufacturers to participate would be key to having the list be a
force of change. Frankly, that's where I'm cynical. No one admits
fault these days without being forced to by legal means. Sad but
true, the bean counters and lawyers rule. So while I suspect that if
we went to the trouble of codifying an RERx, it would still be voices
crying in the wilderness. After all, how many PV manufacturers, for
example, have gotten off the ridiculous 25°C "industry standard"
after EVERYONE complaining about it for lo these many years?
On the other hand, IF-I say again, IF- we could get a single PV and
one inverter manu on board and cooperating with us on a real level,
the heat would be on for the rest to put up or shut up.
Best, Bob-O

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com

The archive of previous messages: