Wrenches Logo and More ? [RE-wrenches]

R. Sparks Scott sharkey at mrsharkey.com
Tue Jan 16 13:21:55 PST 2001

	All;

	Not to distract attention away from the impending Trace Wish List
submission, I had a thought after receiving some mail from a member
off-list. It's this:

	We are apparently becoming a bit more organized than the loose association
of individual e-mail addresses that this list began as. We are trafficking
in commerce (customer referrals), networking ( "I have this problem...does
anybody...") and most recently, participating in the potential influencing
of product design and marketing, (Trace wish list, Belize panels, UniSolar).
	Questions:
	1) Does anybody want to come up with a RE Wrenches logo that members might
use? If nothing else it might be fun to have one on the Wrenches Profile page.
	2) Although I'm happy to post materials to my web server for list members
to use, would we want to register a domain name and maintain a more
identifiable Internet presence? (Some IP hosts provide mailing list
services, which means we could have our own list server and give Topica a
rest.) REWrenches .com, .net, &.org are all available. Registration is as
low as $10/yr., now that domain name registration is "deregulated". IP
hosting can be as low as $11/mo. for a basic site.
	3) What future actions/involvements do the members see for themselves via
the association of the List? Consumer Advocacy? Guiding legislation?
Continued and greater customer referrals? What. Some of this is probably
the purview of IPP, and we should try to strengthen the IPP involvement in
those area, but there may be more mundane background tasks we could take on?
	4) Whatever? Maybe we're all busy enough as it is, but if anyone has a bit
of artistic ability, think about the logo..

	All for now, go back to work.

	-S

To send a message:
 RE-wrenches at topica.com