Trace wish list [RE-wrenches]

Phil Undercuffler phil at positivenergy.com
Thu Jan 11 12:27:17 PST 2001

My $.02:
> 3.      Set default bulk and EQ voltages to 14.1 (per 12 volts nominal).

I understand the value of this, but I'd rather it be not so easy to reset
(or, in other words, memory backup for EPROM should rate higher in wish
list)

> 5.      The option of getting a bigger transfer switch built in. That 60
amp switch feels obsolete when so many houses  are 100 amp service

I think this could just drive up the price without really benefitting 99%
of the users.  What offgrid or energy concious backup system needs to push
beyond 60 amps, at either 110 or 220?

> 6.      More wiring space both DC & AC.
Amen!

> 8.      Box redesign with three 2 or 2 1/2" KOs in the bottom, or failing
that, stay with the same box if they gotta, but move the KO from the right
side to the middle.

Is this the DC disconnect we're talking about?

> 14.     Buttons point/scroll in the correct direction.

I find standing on my head while working on the inverter makes its
programming much more intuitive.

> 16.     Make ALL AC, relay, and plug in (temp sensor) locations front
accessible.

My wish is to have the temp sense plug on the DC side of the inverter. You
know, where the conduit going to the batteries ends up.

> 17.     EPROM back up battery
Halleluia

> 19.     Finer resolution/lower available value for search watts. (16
watts? Gimmie a break!)
It is amazing that so many setpoints are adjustable to .1 volt or 1 second,
yet the search adjustment has the subtlety of a brick.

> 20.     Equalize battery feature that works.
I would add at the touch of a button on the faceplate

> 23.     A user programmable timer to allow the SW to return to float mode
after an AC 1 (and/or 2) input power interruption.
> 24.     User programmable override of the 90 second time-out on "AC 1
(and/or2) in Good".

Both these additions would significantly add to the system's efficiency in
everyday life

> 28.     Make cursor more visible.
How about a black square with the letter/selection printed in
reverse/background grey?

The rest sounds great.  Thanks  for the good work!

Phil Undercuffler
Positive Energy
(505) 424-1112  fax 424-1113  phil at positivenergy.com

To send a message: