Trace wish list [RE-wrenches]

Jim Hartley grail at inil.com
Wed Jan 3 05:52:05 PST 2001

R. Sparks Scott wrote:

> 	All I want for Xmas from Xantracks is:
>
> 	1) Silent Sell
> 	2) EPROM Back up battery (this is sooooo simple...)
> 	3) More accurate/finer resolution metering (especially on AC amps)
> 	4) Finer resolution/lower available value for search watts (16 watts?
> Gimmie a break!)
> 	5) Equalize battery feature that works??
> 	6) Display of battery temp comp/actual batt temperature via temp comp
> probe.
>
> 	That's the easy stuff for a start. If can get these, then it's time to
> ask
> for the built-in shoe shine brush, aquarium screen-saver and coffee cup
> warmer!
> 	The spare parts kit, or at least access to small parts is a ggod idea.
> have 4 DR series inverters that are missing battery terminal caps, have
> corroded modular temp comp jacks, and broken on/off push buttons,
> missing
> cabinet screws, etc. (none of this was my doing). Would be nice to be
> able
> to get some factory repair parts for this without a $100 minimum order.
>
> 	-S

HA!  Input terminal caps! That's funny.  I had a DR which came with
these okay, but I somehow lost the queer screws for the "black guy" and
had to go to the hardware store looking for something similar.  Found
those okay, but then I set plastic bag I took with me containing the cap
and screws on top of my van to unlock the door and then proceeded to
drive off with this shit still up top.  Whoops.  I was having a bad hair
day I think.  Anyway, after requesting another CAP AND SCREWS from
Trace, the promised items never materialized.  Supposedly it was sent
but I never saw it.  That was almost two years ago.  The inverter is
still there humming away, minus its "black cap."
This is hardly an item you'll find at your friendly Home Depot even with
everything else they might have. I've just decided to leave well enough
alone.  Getting one little Mickey Mouse part becomes such a big deal it
would seem.  Do you think a small paper cup with a hole whacked out of
it for the cable taped to the case would work?  Should I paint it
"black," maybe?  Or would that be too hokey?    ;-)

Jim Hartley
http://www.homestead-specialties.com
Business Email: JamesHartley at homestead-specialties.com
Direct Email: grail at inil.com